PRODROME (aka. premonitory phase, pre-headache) is the first stage of a Migraine attack (I've written about this further in Premonitory Symptoms, and more information can be found here and here). However, not all Migraineurs will experience this phase, and the Migraineurs that do may not experience it with each attack and/or may not recognize the often subtly symptoms / warning signs. Some symptoms of prodrome may include:
- Appetite changes and/or cravings
- Cognition and concentration difficulties (such as, having difficulty finding words and/or speaking)
- Cold extremities
- Bowel changes (e.g., constipation, diarrhea)
- Excitement / hyperactivity
- Mood changes (e.g., irritable, depressed, impatient)
- Frequent urination
- Memory changes
- Excessive yawning
I think that it's important to try NOT to jump to conclusions, when interacting with other people (I'm not good at this, in practice... but, I'm working on it). For example, relating to Migraineurs:
- Frequent yawning does NOT necessarily mean that someone is tired and/or bored.
- Cravings do NOT necessarily mean that someone is pregnant.
- Talkativeness does NOT necessarily mean that someone is cured or otherwise over the chronic illness.