I'm grateful for words that show up at the perfect moment and resonate.
|Photo by Andreas Wagner on Unsplash|
"Allow yourself the things you need right now. Whether that's space, rest, support, or something else, know that you are not a burden for taking care of yourself." - To Write Love On Her Arms
I'll admit that I don't always do the best at identifying or allowing myself what I need in the moment. It's something I've been intentionally working on... and it feels like life is giving me tons of opportunities to practice.
I have read the above quote at different moments over the past few months. It remains something I need reminded of, even though my responses to it have varied.
- I have no idea what I need right now or how to make it through this pain, this grief, this moment. None of those things will bring relief or reprieve.
- I am doing all the things I'm able to do for what I need right now, including, acknowledging that various pains (physical, mental, emotional) often team up with one another and have a propensity for telling lies.
I'm fighting back with truths:
- This moment is hard, and I will make it through.
- The pain and grief are real, and I'm anchored to the One that will see me through each wave of every storm.
- I am doing what I can to take care of myself, and that is always enough.️
I know that there's likely more I want to write and explore on the topic. I'm choosing to focus on getting through the current storm, jotting thoughts down as I'm able, and being ok with revisiting them when I'm better able to.