September is Pain Awareness Month – part of the Decade of Pain Research and Treatment established by Congress, which took effect in January 2001.
"Imagine a world where people with pain are believed. Imagine a world where people with pain are heard and shown respect and dignity. Imagine a world where pain is as important to manage or treat as any other disease. Imagine a World with Less Pain.
Imagine the possibilities — now is the time to rally together and speak out for the rights of the more than 116 million Americans who live with pain! You can help APF make a difference today.
Speak out and tell President Obama what YOUR World with Less Pain would be like. Your submission will be used to secure a first-ever presidential proclamation, officially naming September National Pain Awareness Month." (American Pain Foundation)
Here are some ways that you can help build awareness:
- Add your Voice!
- Spread the word.
- Visit the “If I Lived in a World with Less Pain, I Could…” campaign event on Facebook and RSVP that you are attending.
- Share the Facebook event on your wall during September and encourage others to support a presidential proclamation by participating in this campaign.
- Ask your friends, family members, neighbors, colleagues, and health care providers to "Like" and RSVP to APF’s Facebook event and submit a response to the “If I Lived in a Word with Less Pain, I Could…” campaign.
- Change your Facebook profile image to the “If I Lived in a World with Less Pain” image.
- Spread the word on Twitter.
Our collective voice will make a difference!
Together we CAN make a difference!